Yeovil 0 – 0 Maidenhead

    Image provided by PPA

    Yeovil Town were held to a goalless draw at Huish Park by ten-man Maidenhead United.

    The hosts did enjoy the better of the chances in both the first and second half but struggled to make them pay.

    With less than twenty to go, the visitors were reduced to ten after Jay Mingi received a second yellow card, although the Glovers did look for the killer blow, the Magpies held firm to earn a point.

    With ten days between games, Darren Sarll was able to get some much-needed rest to his starting side. Grant Smith continued in goal, whilst Jack Robinson made his first league start for the club at left-back. The remainder of the back four remained unchanged with Josh Staunton, Max Hunt and Dan Moss all starting.

    There was a full debut for Mitch Rose after his cameo against Boreham Wood, he partnered Dale Gorman in the middle of the park. In the wide areas, both Charlie Wakefield and Tom Knowles retained their place. Leading the line for the Glovers, Ben Seymour made the first start of his loan move, partnering Joe Quigley.

    The first chance of the evening has fell Town’s way as Tom Knowles latched onto a loose pass, he found Ben Seymour on the left flank, but his driven cross was well claimed by Rhys Lovett.

    Growing into the game, the visitors enjoyed a strong spell of possession after the ten-minute mark but did very little to threaten Smith’s goal.

    It took just short of half an hour for the green and whites to really find their feet, with Knowles going agonisingly close. After some excellent link-up play with Gorman, the Glovers’ no.11 hammered a left-footed effort on goal which flew into the side-netting.

    Yeovil Town were the side in the ascendancy in the final stages of the first half. Gorman’s deliveries had caused a lot of problems for the Magpies and almost paid dividends with Quigley heading narrowly wide in the 44th minute.

    With the final kick of the half, Exeter City loanee Seymour forced a save from Lovett, latching onto Gorman’s drilled pass and firing into the Maidenhead shot-stopper's gloves.

    The second half started in a similar manner to the first, with Maidenhead enjoying a lot of the ball but chances few and far between.

    Almost providing a helping hand to Yeovil, the visitors almost netted an own-goal on 57 minutes. Gorman’s delivery once again caused problems and was flicked on by a Maidenhead player forcing a strong save from Lovett.

    In truth, Glovers top scorer Quigley was largely feeding off scraps throughout. Quigley had the ball with his back to goal, he turned well but had his effort blocked, taking the sting out the ball for Lovett to easily claim.

    On 72 minutes, Mengi received his marching orders after a cynical foul on Tom Knowles earned the Portsmouth loanee a second yellow card. Town dominated the ball from this point but still struggled to create anything clear-cut.

    With just over ten to go, Wakefield took the onus upon himself to get something from the game. The former Chelsea man did excellently to beat three Maidenhead players, he then looked for Knowles who saw his first touch escape him whilst bearing down on goal.

    In the dying embers, Yeovil huffed and puffed but ultimately couldn’t break Maidenhead down as the Magpies returned to Berkshire with a point.


    Yeovil Town: Smith; Robinson, Hunt, Staunton, Moss (Bradley); Gorman, Rose, Wakefield, Knowles (Barnett); Quigley, Seymour (Lo-Everton).

    Bookings: Staunton, Knowles

    Subs not used: Evans, Worthington


    See more details and all the latest YTFC news at

    More from Sport

    • Yeovil 2 – 0 Woking

      Yeovil Town returned to winning ways as the Tom Knowles and Charlie Wakefield show secured victory against Woking.

    • Grimsby 1 – 0 Yeovil

      Yeovil Town fell to a defeat in Northeast Lincolnshire as league leaders Grimsby Town were the 2-0 victors at Blundell Park. 

    • Yeovil Sports Skittle League Scores

      The latest scores from 15th October.

    • Weymouth 1 – 1 Yeovil

      Yeovil Town advanced in the Emirates FA Cup in dramatic fashion after a penalty shootout victory over Weymouth at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

    • Yeovil 1-1 Weymouth

      Charlie Wakefield’s early goal was cancelled out by an equaliser right at the death to force a replay at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

    Five Day Weather

    • Wed


    • Thu


    • Fri


    • Sat


    • Sun