NHS Volunteer Responders are here to help people in England to stay safe during coronavirus (COVID-19), and to support the NHS and care services.
NHS Volunteer Responders have been set up by NHS England and NHS Improvement, working with Royal Voluntary Service and the GoodSAM app.
As part of this work, volunteers will be able to help with the coronavirus vaccination programme.
Register to be an NHS Volunteer Responder
To join we need you to:
- Live in England and be over the age of 18.
- Use a smartphone. This is because tasks will be sent directly to your phone through the GoodSAM app. Don’t worry if you are not familiar with this technology, there is plenty of help available.
- Decide which of the NHS Volunteer Responder role/s you would like to do.
- Consider your own health condition when choosing role/s. If you are clinically vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19) you may prefer our telephone-based Check In and Chat roles.
- Be able to volunteer and go on duty as much as you possibly can.